Program used: Photoshop CS2
Level of difficulty: Relatively easy
Today we are going to learn how to make this ==>>
First we take this photo:
1. To me it looked like the aspect ratio was a little off, so I used the Rectangular Marquee Tool and selected the entire photo. I went to edit>free transform and messed around with the ratio of the photo until his face didn't look so stretched out.
2. To change up the position a bit, I then went to image>rotate canvas>arbitrary>19 degrees clockwise.
3. I cropped the photo to get a nice sexy view of Johnny's face and a bit of chest.
4. I duplicated the base and set it to screen at 100% to lighten it up a bit.
5. Now, to put a nice color to his skin I went to layer>new fill layer>solid color> # 956100. I set it to overlay at 70%.
6. I wanted to give his face a little more color so I created another layer: layer>new>layer and took the paint brush tool and colored his lips with #ec3232 set to linear light at 20% (because you don't want him to look like he is wearing lipstick, just that he has a little color.)
7. Then I added this texture (I love this texture!): (I saved this texture to my misc. folder before I thought to credit the maker, sorry. If you know who made it, let me know.)
I flipped to horizontally and set it to exclusion at 100%.
8. The last step was to add a layer mask to the last layer. I double clicked the mask and used the eraser tool at 50% to get rid of some larger blemishes on his face and chest from the new layer.
This is what my layers palate looks like at the end of this ordeal:
Any and all feedback is welcome!
These were my banners for the challenge:
Cross posted to severalplums, icon_extras, and icon_tutorial.